They're From a Hardland...

Why Did We Do It?

By AEILKO VENEMA of Hardland

As lead guitarist and one of the lead singers of Hardland I am no stranger to music for charity! I have also released a single to raise awareness and funds to help fighting Alzheimers with my @AjaveMusic project. So when I read one of the Minds tweets about helping to save the planet, it was absolutely a no brainer for me. But since I struggled with a severe burn-out myself, I had asked if Phil had a lyric for me to use and he sent me a lyric.

It had no title yet, that's why you hear all different versions of this lyric with different titles as well on this album!  

Since it's going on two minutes to midnight for planet earth and for all living creatures on this rock that we call Mother Earth, we felt it is important to act NOW! 

Let's be honest...would you treat your own mother the way we treat our environment, our Mother Earth? So in order to put our feelings into song we felt the music had to be dark, moody and stand for how dangerous the situation is. But then....we ARE trying to help in our own humble but heartfelt way to make it a better place...and that tad of hope, had to be in the song as well...so that's how we got to that mega sing along chorus that ya'll can sing along and clap your hands to! 

We are, as I mentioned many times before, humbled, honoured, proud, happy and most of all grateful to have been allowed to be a part of this first fundraising album to benefit the wonderful Born Free Foundation


Thanks to everyone involved in this project from Phil and the @OfficialMBTM team, all the participating artists who all gave this first album their most shining performance!! Thank you all and thank you Virginia McKenna and the Born Free Foundation for giving your all!! We love you all! Cheers, @HardlandRocks!

Photos by DCH Photography – Netherlands.