Run For Your Life!


JOHN CORABI
Extract from Minds Behind the Music Book. More HERE

They don’t get more rock ‘n’ roll than John Corabi. A legendary guitarist and lead singer for The Scream and Motley Crue. In fact the list of mega rock bands John has been part of is rather long and I’m trying to save money on ink, so I won’t name them all. Needless to say, the dude is awesome. Thankfully he came down to earth to speak to little old humble me.


As an expressive artist in the music industry, how does the state of the planet make you feel?
In a word....WORRIED!!!! Everybody doesn't agree on the "global warming" issue but there was one statement that made sense to me in that documentary that Al Gore did. "From the beginning of time til 50 years ago when Al Gore was 10 years old, we amassed 3 billion, and in the last 50-60 years we've almost tripled that number!!!!" So just looking at that blueprint, common sense says we're using more OIL, WATER, and NATURAL RESOURCES, and putting much more stress on the planet....So yeah, I'm worried...

Do you think as a person of some influence that there is a duty on us to help influence humanity for the better?
Duty???? No.... But as a concerned PERSON/CITIZEN I try to do what I can. I will NEVER tell anyone how to vote. (That's their choice)... I don't believe in telling people how to live their life, but I do believe in doing what I can to change things that bother ME. There's a fine line between entertainment and standing on stage and "ranting" about the state of the world. I think people are paying me to sing, and play music, and escape the insanity of daily life. So the last thing they're wanting is me talking about how SHITTY things are. I look at it like the band that kept playing music on the deck of the TITANIC while it was sinking. But I also understand and RESPECT people that are really vocal about how they feel. And it's their RIGHT to say what they want...That's why GOD invented channel changers...If ya don't like the program...you can change the channel....lol

What one cause would you say you feel most associated with and why? Whether it’s equality, poverty, politics, the environment or other?
I just believe in being KIND to everyone....PERIOD!!!! If you can help someone in need, then help. If you can treat someone with respect...DO SO! Even if they're different from you. So I do TOTALLY support equality for women/people of color/religious freedom. I would love to figure out poverty. I would love to figure out how to make the planet a better place...I just believe in being the best HUMAN I can be each day...It's really not that difficult if you think about it…


Read the rest of the book with over 80 music legends! Available everywhere! Or HERE
Copyright Minds Behind the Music 2021