It's a Coherent Alliance!

Who Is The Coherent Alliance That Everybody is Talking About?


"The Coherent Alliance is a Dance, EBM and Future-Pop solo artist from Telford, England. The brains behind the project is Anthony Hurney who started his music career at the age of 13 when he was performing live classic trance sets on his school radio station during lunch breaks.

This is where he first learned of his favorite and most inspirational trance artists such as Chicane and Tiesto.

Moving forward, Anthony then discovered alternative artists such as Rammstein, VNV Nation and Assemblage 23.

We caught up with Anthony who told us "I remember growing up as a young teenager and loving the uplifting sound of classic trance... I found Chicane's track 'Saltwater' so inspirational and the epic and beautiful celtic vocals of Moya Brennan fitted so perfectly, that song always gave me goosebumps and took me to another place. As I became a little older and started college, a friend introduced me to a band called Rammstein which paved the way for my taste in heavy rock and industrial music. I was then introduced to an artist known as Assemblage 23 and the album 'Storm' back in 2004... I was absolutely blown away by Tom Shear's use of synths, melancholic and emotional vocals and upbeat drum tracks with a house vibe. I had never heard music like it before, and it helped me to discover that dance music can be dark but also uplifting. I found the songs 'You haven't earned it' and 'let the wind erase me' absolutely breath-taking".

After spending several years as the guitarist and lead vocalist in local rock and metal bands, Anthony decided it was time to launch The Coherent Alliance and released his debut album 'SINGULARITY' in October 2020.

Since then his music has appeared on his local BBC Music Introducing radio show several times and his sound has impressed fans and inspired fellow musicians alike.

Starting off as an instrumentalist, Anthony and The Coherent Alliance plan to release a new EP Album in 2022 called 'Nocturnal Restitution' which will feature full vocals.

Anthony said "Nocturnal Restitution signals a landmark in my music career to date, and will be bringing a late 90s / early 2000s EBM vibe with a more contemporary twist... Watch out for this one folks, I am producing something very special indeed".

Also featuring on Minds Behind The Music Album 2, The Coherent Alliance's new sound is set to hit the waves in 2022 where all angle's of his inspirations will be demonstrated.

You can check out his debut album 'SINGULARITY' on BandCamp HERE: https://coherent-alliance.bandcamp.com/album/singularity

Follow The Coherent Alliance on Twitter: https://twitter.com/COHERENT_MUSIC