Tears of Joy

SMILE!
by mAncient

This last week has been horrible. I’ve had to grab the corners of my mouth and drag upward to smile, and would’ve preferred to have a back bracelet to keep my back straight.

I work 17 hour days, seven days a week, which has been my life since 2018.

As a healer and coach, with 22 years of social work in my baggage, I do know a little about picking myself up. So, I got to work. Meditation, nutrition, connecting with good people.

But … there was one special key that became especially important.

I was waiting for my weekly Zoom with Neale Donald Walsch. On Mondays, it starts at 02:30am, and as I was waiting, all the struggles and battles I am in, caught up with me.

Feelings of inadequacy, imposter syndrome, and all the darkness I have accumulated as a social worker and empath, working with people whose lives were plagued with darkness … I felt like a pressure cooker with no safety-valve.

I sat down to find songs for my show on @RDTVF (Twitter), and this song came up…

I had only listened to it for a few seconds, before I started crying.

Tears of joy.

It is said that monks are HEB (Highly Evolved Beings).

I am a monk. Can’t say I feel highly evolved; just another dude doing his life.

But if you want to hear what a HEB sounds like, check out this song: Shakyamuni Mantra by Kanho Yakushiji (Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mantra-earth/shakyamuni-mantra-by-kanho-yakushiji)

I could tell you a lot about why this song grabbed me. But I think you will understand, once you listen to it.

May it bring blessings, joy and healing to the rest of 2021, and to all of 2022!


Håkon (@mancient_com on Twitter) is a Norwegian-born monk, expat in Sweden. He lives with his dog, and has three children who live in Norway. They are the light of his life. If you want to learn more about him, visit https://www.linktr.ee/mancient.