Reign of the Hated

PUNK IS BACK!

by Anthony Hurney

Reign of the Hated is an upcoming punk / metal band hailing from New Jersey, USA. They have just released their debut EP 'Manic Psychosis' which features tracks such as 'There for You' and of course the title release 'Manic Psychosis'. Frontman Cain and bassist Ophelia advocate for positive mental health awareness and support anti-bullying campaigns in all forms, and this is clearly presented within their music and social media presence.

I managed to approach Reign of the Hated earlier today and here is what frontman Cain had to say about the band and their debut EP release...

"I have always had a passion for metal music since the age of 13 and after first hearing the band 'Children of Bodom', I instantly knew that I wanted my own metal band and started working on my vocal techniques in around 2007. My girlfriend made the suggestion that I use the name 'Reign of the Hated' and I started to perform some acoustic sets here and there. It wasn't until after the pandemic started that the band officially came together. Upon recovering from a near fatal experience with COVID-19, I was struggling to find a line-up for the band so Ophelia agreed to help me, and since June 2020 we have been writing songs together."

It was great to catch up with Reign of the Hated and hear their story about how the band was formed. It is clear that they use music as an outlet to talk about their life experiences and things that have affected them and the people close to them.

Since the release of the debut EP, the band hopes to perform at various music festivals throughout 2022 with a keen goal to be represented by a record label. Most of all, Reign of the Hated wishes that their music touches fans and aims to help listeners relate to their music.

Their sound is edgy and emotional and I couldn't help pick up on a range of influences from artists that have inspired me over the years such as Deftones and Mudvayne to name but a few. When I asked the band what influences them the most, they told me that their music is strongly driven by life, love but also the stories of their fans too. For Ophelia, her main inspiration is her late Grandfather who sadly passed away during the pandemic, he too was a keen musician which she took much inspiration from, later ending up using her talents to help Cain in the band.

Reign of the Hated are an upcoming metal band from Port Reading in New Jersey and are not to be missed!

You can follow them on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/OfHated

You can also access their debut EP 'Manic Psychosis' on major streaming services now.