The Farscape Bond Girl Mad Max Interview

Virgina Hey Actress


Bond girl to Timothy Dalton, Warrior Woman in Mad Max 2, Zhaan in Farscape. Just a few of the roles this amazing actress has undertaken. But there is another side to Virginia Hey and we found out.

My first question is: what would you most like to be remembered for?

My cheeky smile and cheekbones! My artistic achievements definitely. I inherited a good eye and artistic skill from Mum and Dad. I’m proud of my product packaging design, my drawings, my perfume design, fashion styling and of course my acting artistry!

We know most politicians were born in the fiery pit of hell as the spawn of Satan, but what’s your opinion of the politics of the world today?

In my opinion politics these days is ruled by commercial interests only. The mighty dollar rules, not true values. It saddens me. Long-gone is the need to provide the best quality of life and wellbeing to a nation, now its just a big Monopoly game. But I do believe this USA president is trying hard to provide the best future and quality of life in the long run.

Can you tell us all about your past, present and future? And about your spiritual work with meditation and your candles!

Oh boy, that will take a book, or 3! But here goes: as briefly as possible, I’m Australian but was educated in both the UK and in Sydney Australia. I began modelling when approached by a fashion magazine editor at a bus stop outside the Sydney Fine Art College I was attending.

Modelling led me to a career of acting that took me around the world many times. I eventually landed in the USA in 2002 after feeling I was my best as an actor and ready for the big-guns.

I arrived in my late 40s only to be told at the time, when ageism was at its worst in Hollywood, that I was too young to play the “elderly” roles, and too old to play the young roles, and at the time there was nothing for the healthy fit baby boomer type of attractive woman. So instead of fighting the ageism, I simply decided to wait out the ageism and try again later when I was old enough to play the “elderly” roles. Not that would EVER look elderly with my Scandinavian genes that keep my family ridiculously youthful! I set off to attend personal appearances all over the world, and began my own line of perfumed products that I used my art background to design myself.

From the age of 12 I had developed an interest for Meditation and continued that interest to this day. I am now a meditation teacher.

From modelling through my 20's I developed an interest in natural therapies. I modelled all the latest natural beauty and lifestyle products in the 70's. At that time, following the flower power generation, there was a giant wave to go the natural medicine route. Having a curiosity for science, physiology, anatomy, and coupled with the natural healing interest that was triggered via Meditation, plus a father who had a love of the human physiology, it was irresistible for me to study to be a natural doctor. I enrolled in Naturopayhy, Homeopathy, Herbal Medicine and Reiki. Then I furthered my studies in natural healing by studying Reiki and a 2 year course in Highest Guidance connection. Sounds like hippy fodder but was very useful in conjunction with all the other modules of medicine I was studying.

I did not complete my studies in Naturopathy, Homeopathy and Herbal Medicine, I was lured back into acting. But I will complete my studies on day when I grow up!

The ageism in Hollywood has dissolved and parts are beginning to flow for babyboomers at last, so, the big news is that I am back in the saddle in my USA debut, a Morphius Films independent production “Alien Armageddon”, directed and written by Neil Johnson. My role is a small cameo written especially for me. The film will be released in mid November.

It is the beginning of the second phase in my life as a kick-arse regal warrior woman who has a wealth of life and love and experience and soul on the lines on her face!

Phase two for me. ELDERLY? If I’m elderly then chickens have lips!

Now, I know you’ve played an alien, but what if you were an alien visiting planet earth, what would you do? Would turn around and go back? Or stay and try and help? Or maybe conquer?

Ha ha…I’d shake my head, giggle and leave the earth some cryptic message or symbol I know they will never solve, then leave!

What has been your greatest achievement so far?

Zhaan in Farscape, and trying to understand men…The greatest mystery on Earth!

What has been mankind’s greatest achievement?

Flight. And Enlightenment, a work in progress..

If you had the chance to speak to every human being on earth, what would your message be?

“41!”
No, ‘Id say “Please, banish these three things from your lives: sugar, aggression and cruelty. Love, not war. Be kind and helpful to one person every day and watch the domino effect.”

If your life depended on it, which Soap Opera would you do a cameo in?

Eastenders in the UK. Or an Indian soap opera.

If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody is around to see or hear it, does it make a sound?

Phillip…You’re nuts! But that’s why your readers love you! Hee hee.

Have you ever felt pressured by the fact that what you do in the public eye or when you’re acting it, that it may affect society? Have you ever wondered whether you were doing the right thing?

Yes of course.

What advice would you give to actors today?

There are so many actors who saturate themselves with booze and drugs. For goodness sakes, pick yourselves up, live cleanly, have pride in yourself and that will give you pride in your life and pride in your craft…And study study study! Know your lines. Do what the director tells you to do. AND...Never give up on your craft.

Why do you think music and words seems to work so much better than just words as a means to get a message across?

Silence is more powerful behind a scene actually. But of course, films have become accustomed to being accompanied by music. A hangover from the silent movie era. Its not a bad thing. Music evokes any emotion the director wishes to layer on top of the scene.

What kind of movies do you watch and why?

Anything I feel like at the time. Why? Because I’m totally open to being enthralled and I have no parameters of trend to prevent me. I love the art, so whatever I feel like watching, l'll watch.

What are your opinions about the power of the internet?

I’m still in awe of its power for good and great potential, but also confused and outraged by its power and ability to pervert in so many evil ways. I don’t understand the potential good, and the potential damage of the Internet across civilisation for generations to come.

A recent scientific report stated that religion will eventually die out completely. What’s your opinion on that? A good thing or a bad thing?

As long as there is life there will be souls and prayer in many forms. Maybe structured, man-made religious sects will die. That’s good, but God made beauty, and the healing power of prayer will live for eternity.

Is “free will” the whole of the law? Can man ever be truly free?

No. Yes.

Do you back Nuclear Power? If not, why not.

Not in its present form. Why? Look at the Japanese plants and what happened. Nuclear Power plants are too dangerous in their present manufacturing processes.

Do you believe in Ghosts? UFO’s (i.e. aliens visiting planet earth)? God?
Yes.

Have you ever experienced altered states of consciousness? How, why and was it beneficial? And would you recommend it to all politicians, business and religious leaders?

Yes! In Meditation. And YES I would recommend it to all. It’s an incredible stress beater.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Answer your questions! (laughs & winks).

What would you still like to achieve?

Personally or globally?

Personally I would like to achieve a personal peace and satisfaction whilst being able to make a great living, and afford the comfort my parents raised me to enjoy. I would love to marry. Love to play challenging roles in film. Would love to produce a film one day. Would love to be appreciated for my craft and my art when I do well at it. I’d love to educate, entertain and Enlighten myself.! Would love an investor for my line of perfumed products…

Globally? I Would love to be able to have the funds to help others achieve their dreams, their health, their wellbeing. To educate, entertain and enlighten!

Would you ever record a duet with Justin Bieber?

Sure, if I could sing!

Do you believe in manmade global warming? Or is it natural?

Both. Manmade leading to a natural domino effect. Stupid humans we are. Do you know we are the only species on Earth who destroys its own environment? Humans can sometimes seem to be like a cancer to Mother Earth.

And lastly please feel free to say anything at all you want to the world of readers and tell us all about what you’re up to these days, plug something, a website or car boot sale.

Ha ha, no car to sell just yet. But maybe I'll sell my classic 1976 beauty one day. Just want to say cheers to you all for appreciating my work and lending me an ear. Please watch out for my cameo role in Alien Armageddon. www.morphiusfilm.com . And for those of you who can’t live without beautiful candles lighting your life, please explore my exquisite candles created by me with all the love I have in my heart. www.virginiaheycouture.com And if you’re an investor and would love to help me build my signature brand of products please contact me at my website. Thanks all!

Interview by Phil G of Minds Minds Behind the Music