5 out of 5

"Waiting For The Love" is one of those tracks that makes you smile as you listen simply because it's that good. It's a mixture of soul, blues and pop and here's the thing, it's done very, very well. The vocals are top-notch, soulful but not too dramatic and the arrangement works like a charm. I like how the song begins with just an acoustic guitar and some keyboards but little by little grows into a full-blown pop production. As wonderful as the final product is, the acoustic beginning makes you realise that "Waiting For The Love" would have also worked as an acoustic number, it's that well written.

I heard this song in the car for the very first time and it fit the moment perfectly. It was close to midnight, it was raining and I felt down and out. In other words, I was in the right headspace to listen to the blues. Obviously, what I got was much more than that. Some songs have healing power. This is one of those tracks.

Oh, and while I'm not sure if it is wise to wait for the love to come find you, I do know this much: I absolutely adore this track.

Listen here: "Waiting For The Love" by Wild Celia

Review by Tom Tikka for MBTM