Cade Hoppe – "Faded Love"

5 out of 5

This is a great pop track and one of those songs that will grow on you. It's got a gorgeous melody and very subtle but effective production AND it even has a proper middle eight – something that is no longer a given in today's pop music. Another thing I find appealing is that, although the song is unapologetically rather commercial, it still has its own distinctive character. It's distinguishable and original. In short, it's irresistible.

Also, "Do you want to love me just to love somebody?" is a wonderful line and the question at the core of love, marriage and relationships. As we age, this question becomes more burning in our minds. Staying with a person to whom we are replaceable is perhaps one of the worst decisions anyone can make. I could go on but I won't but I will say this, the above line alone validates this beautiful track.

Listen here: "Faded Love" by Cade Hoppe

News post by Tom Tikka for MBTM