He's Not a Hermit

Peter Noone – Herman’s Hermits


Yeah, that Peter Noone. Seriously. Herman’s Hermits had so many hits you just have to go and look for yourself because I’m tired of typing. They existed alongside the other greats like The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who and, well you get the picture. Fully part of the British invasion. The one that didn’t involve tanks and bombers. For years in the sixties, the Hermits were constantly in the top billboard charts. And blow me but I only got to interview the voice of Herman’s Hermits!

If you could be any other musician past or present, which one would it be and why?
I think Louis Armstrong because he was the real thing and always enjoyed PLAYING music.

If you had to name one song from any genre that really speaks to you, which one would it be and why?
“I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate”. One good version is Frances Faye. Fun and bright and I never made a dance song, and this was one that made my mum and dad dance.

Note: All together now… shimmy. Dude, what’s a shimmy?

Are you a Mulder or Scully? Do you believe aliens have visited planet earth and if so what do you think they think about mankind?
I am just a human from humans. Just minding my own little world one day at a time.

Note: Have you ever considered politics Peter? Evasion tactics like that would go a long way.

What was the happiest day of your life and why?
I ‘m hoping its tomorrow and a surprise.

Note: Amen to that.

If “God” (whatever your idea is on that) were stood before you now, what one question would you ask him/her and why?
Hiya G-d. Why did you chose me for all the good luck?

Note: Now if we could all say that!

Extracted from the new book, Minds Behind the Music. Featuring over 80 music legends. More HERE