Hey Hey It's a Monkee

The One and Only Davy Jones


I was very proud some years ago to have done one of the last ever interviews with Davy Jones of The Monkees and here it is. 

Davy Jones is the lead singer in the popular 60's band, The Monkees. Generations of humans have watched his exploits on the Monkees television show and sung along to I'm a Believer and Pleasant Valley Sunday. Here, Davy spoke to me just before his untimely death.





Hi Davy. My first question is, what would you most like to be remembered for? Is it the music or the meaning?

The music gave meaning and enjoyment all around the world. 

Can you tell us all about your past, present and future? What's been done has been done... what's been said has been said... what will be will be... but tomorrow ah tomorrow.

Have you ever heard of a period known as the 60's? And do you agree with me that music just went downhill after that? Or am I way too old and stupid?

There is an audience for everything. And the music we hear is the music people are buying. Music mingles souls.

If you were an alien visiting planet earth, what would you do? Would turn around and go back? Or stay and try and help? Or maybe conquer?

I am doing the best I can and one day I will return to my planet.

What has been mankind's greatest achievement?

Survival so far ...watch this space!

If you had the chance to speak to every human being on earth, what would your message be?

Give peace a chance.

Do you think man is created in the image of God (or Goddess) or the other way around?

Man looks to God in a time of need.

Do you back Nuclear Power? If not, why not.


Any service that could change the world for the better should not be overlooked. However, who is to determine that.

Do you believe in Ghosts? UFO's (i.e. aliens visiting planet earth)? God? Or anything weird at all?

Don't believe in anything I can not see or touch.

Have you ever experienced altered states of consciousness? How, why and was it beneficial? And would you recommend it to all politicians, business and religious leaders?

One or two Budweisers doesn't do anyone harm!

Would you ever record a duet with Justin Bieber?

He stole my haircut! Axel Rose stole my dance. Maybe they should do a duet together.