The Darren Holland Project

Who Are the DHP?


The DHP is a husband and wife duo from Kansas City Missouri.

I'll start by telling you that we are a team but I am the writer. Cheryl, my wife gets the pleasure of being woken up at 2 am bc I feel I have come up with something cool and she actually listens. Cheryl is the one I trust to put her voice, her style, musicianship, her mark into the sound that we call the DHP.

A fifth Album is ready to go called "Vibe Mutha Vibe". It is a 10 song release and should be released soon on May 1st, 2022. I am sending "October", The song about a woman who will no longer stand for the abusive relationship she is in and feels empowered to leave.

Oh and lyrically I write about life, the good, the bad and the ugly. I write the story of everyone I know, everyone I meet and some I miss. I write about the sex, the drugs and the mental issues we all have at times. My stories can be viewed differently by each person who listens and that it touches.

Who has influenced me?

I am influenced by every sound that has ever passed by. I could say, Queen, the Doors, The Weekend, Poison, STYX, Justin Timberlake, Adel, The Muse, 21 Pilots, The Black Keys, and George Winston,,, or I could say, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The BeeGees, NIN, Eminem, Faith No More, Pink Floyd, Chris Cornell, Katy Perry, Neil Young, Neil Diamond, Taylor Swift, and Imagine Dragons. As I said, everyone mainstream and every indie band and every sound that I have ever heard has influenced me!

Who are the DHP?

Darren Holland : Guitar, Bass, Keys, Ukulele, and Vocals.

Cheryl Holland : Keys, Harmonica, Drums and Percussion and Vocals.

Barb Wilmoth : Drums and percussion and additional back up vocals

Andy Oxman : Producer

https://linktr.ee/thedarrenhollandproject