Boney Maizie

The Boney M Interview


Maizie Williams from Boney M talks to Minds Behind the Music in an exclusive interview.
By the Rivers of Babylon, Daddy Cool, Brown Girl in the Ring, Mary’s Boy Child, Ma Baker. All these massive hits and more tell a tale of success that is the Boney M story. Compared with Abba, The Beatles and Bee Gees, Boney M are one of the all-time legends of pop.


My first question is, what would you most like to be remembered for? Is it the music or the meaning?
Both of course, but more the meaning.

We know most politicians were born in the fiery pit of hell as the spawn of Satan, but what’s your opinion of the politics of the world today?
It is a mess but there are some good ones who are trying to make a difference.

Can you tell us all about your past, present and future?
My past was truly blessed thank god, in more ways than I could ever have imagined.

Tell us a little about your kind of music please!
If you are asking about the Boney M music, then obviously it is a type of music that stays throughout the years. Mainly because what it represents - a very melodic music, lyrics that are easy to sing along to and enjoy, for all age groups. But if you mean what kind of music I personally like, then it would be all types of music from times way back, like blues, soul, jazz, classical and gospel.

Which decade was best for music, 70’s, 80’s or 90’s or the 00’s?
The 70’s of course!

If you were an alien visiting planet earth, what would you do? Would you turn around and go back? Or stay and try and help? Or maybe conquer?
I think it is such a mess but, if I thought that I could make a difference, then I think I would stay - but that’s a big IF!

What has been your greatest achievement so far?
That would be to have been fortunate to be a member of a world famous group - Boney M

What has been mankind’s greatest achievement?
Satellite communication.

If you had the chance to speak to every human being on earth, what would your message be?
My message would be about salvation. If we don’t have God in our life then we would have nothing.

If your life depended on it, which Soap Opera would you do a cameo in?
I hope my life wouldn’t have to depend on it – but if I was asked it would be East Enders.

If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody is around to see or hear it, does it make a sound?
Yes, it definitely makes a sound! The eye does not have to see it fall for it to make a sound.

Have you ever felt pressured by the fact that what you sing about affects society? Have you ever wondered whether you were doing the right thing?
I have always thought that I am doing the right thing and to do it well and leaving a good impression to society. For me – that’s important.

What advice would you give to musicians today? And what’s your opinion of the highly engineered and marketed music we see in the charts today?
There is some good stuff out there talent wise and music wise, but also some not too good, of course. My advice would be to follow through with your dream and do the best you can, to leave a good impression on society.

Why do you think music and words seems to work so much better than just words as a means to get a message across?
Because the music delivers what the words are saying.


What kind of movies do you watch and why?
Movies with a good story lines, and all classical ones. And a good comedy. I do love a good laugh!

What are your opinions about the power of the internet?
I personally think it is a great invention, but it also has some bad sides when viewed inappropriately.

Do you think man is created in the image of God (or Goddess) or the other way around?
God.

A recent scientific report stated that religion will eventually die out completely. What’s your opinion on that? A good thing or a bad thing?
The word of God will never die.

Is “free will” the whole of the law? Can man ever be truly free?
Free will is not the law, but to love God with all your heart, soul and mind and to love your neighbour as yourself. THAT is the fulfilment of the law.

Do you back Nuclear Power? If not, why not.
I do not back Nuclear power, it is a completely evil invention.

Do you believe in Ghosts? UFO’s (i.e. aliens visiting planet earth)? God?
God.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Running the marathon!

What would you still like to achieve?
That’s hard to say because there is still a lot I would like to do, not just for myself, but for others I would like to say that I have run the race.

Would you ever record a duet with Justin Bieber?
Who knows????

Do you believe in manmade global warming? Or is it natural?
It is a little of both.