Avoid Like the Plague!

Avoid this album like the plague!


Seriously. This is not an album to put on while you are working, sleeping, walking, meditating, or doing something else that involves “sitting still”, “focusing”, or anything else remotely connected with “cognition”.

As I am typing in my review, Huntsman by “One Devious Monkey” came on… so I am typing to the beat, while trying to hold my body still.

Without success. Those rises, the beat, the “pump it up”-sample… much love, fellow Garageband-enthusiast!

Gribbles “For Good” appears. And I must turn it up a bit to catch every nuance of the floating vibe… just waiting for the words to appear after the full-bodied intro that just drags on-and-on, relieved by some arps that are so well-placed they bring tears to my eyes … and then. “All together for Good!”

My mind flies off to Ukraine. This is a song for them. A song that can soothe the wounds of that proud nation, fighting against a bear of a man…

SchizoFranic’s “From the Sky” is next. Soothing, smoothing, loving. The Feminine Divine, calming, with pure vocals that lifts the song into the stratosphere.

And then … “Climbing Up” by Peter Harich… listen to the vocal work on this one. Spot on! “Climbing up, wait for me…”

I could go on for another 19 songs, but if you dare … take a listen yourself:

https://songwhip.com/various-artists/future-sounds-anthology-30

I like albums that grow.

I curate playlists, and I am not talking about such … they tend to grow into hundreds of songs.

This is an album curated by Bufinjer, one of the three artists behind the Electronic Music Alliance (@1EMAlliance on Twitter), who is also featured on the album.

Albums where you hear one track, and you go “this is my favourite!”.

And then another track comes up: “No, that one!”

And when you revisit the album, another song shines like a star.


Future Sounds Anthology 3.0 has got it all. Dark, industrial vibes. Light, ethereal soundscapes. Music for loving & healing & listening. For reflection, introspection, dancing. Music that will illuminate you, touch your soul …

Do you want to hear the sounds of the future? Click the link.








Reviewer
Håkon is a Tulku - a living Buddha. He has now left music, as he is sick of the greed, the broken promises, and the egotism that also has grown in him.

His music - and his book - can be found here: https://songwhip.com/mancient where you can find his socials.